Douglas Chapman MP, Member of Parliament for the constituency of Dunfermline & West Fife is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and hardworking caseworker to join his constituency office team.
The contract is for a fixed term of 6 months initially with a possible extension to 31st March 2022
Duties & responsibilities
- Provide effective support with constituency casework
- Manage enquiries on the phone, via e-mail, social media, mail and in person.
- Liaise with government agencies, local authorities, community groups and other organisations.
- Draft responses to constituents
- Research & gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases in database ensuring compliance with GDPR regs and ensure responses are received and cases chased accordingly.
- Maintain a good knowledge of Dunfermline & West Fife Constituency
- Arrange and attend surgeries / meetings / events as required
- Analyse, evaluate & interpret data to ensure Member is accurately informed on local & key issues
- Assist with constituency appointments and various other constituency office duties
- Excellent interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills
- Able to analyse, evaluate and interpret information accurately.
- Excellent administrative & organisational skills
- Competent use of email and computer technology.
- Demonstrable ability to produce accurate output in a busy working environment & prioritise accordingly
- Excellent use of Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of Dunfermline & West Fife constituency
- Knowledge of important local issues
- Competent use of excel spreadsheets, databases, and power point presentations
- Ability to adapt quickly to new software
- Knowledge of Scottish & Westminster Parliaments, devolved & reserved matters
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Sympathetic to the aims of the SNP
Salary: £21600 p.a. full time 37.5 hours per week. Part time pro rata
Travel may also be occasionally required for attendance at meetings, events, and training.
The successful candidate will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office.
To apply, applicants should submit their CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com . The CV should be no more that 2 sides of A4.
The deadline for applications is Friday 7th May however we may close it earlier depending on volume of applications received.