Dave Doogan MP is looking to employ a full-time caseworker based in his constituency office in Angus. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly capable individual to be part of Dave’s new constituency team to support his work as the Member of Parliament for Angus.
The successful candidate must have excellent administrative and organisational skills, be able to demonstrate relevant previous experience of dealing with casework and/or handling enquires from members of the public, working as part of a small team and the ability to prioritise their workload.
Hours: Full-time (Monday to Friday with occasional evening or weekend work)
Salary: In accordance with IPSA Pay Scales £19,641 – £28,804. You will also benefit from a 10% employer’s pension contribution.
Main duties include:
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends
- Attend surgeries & meetings as appropriate
- Develop knowledge in specialist areas
- Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases
- Liaise with MSP, Councillors, Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- Manage and progress portfolio of casework appropriately
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, lobbyists and pressure groups
- Follow up on social media enquiries
- Deal with all enquiries from members of the public
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases and draft responses to constituents
- Liaise with other office staff, where required, to resolve cases
- Any other duties required by the MP or office manager
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Previous casework experience or handling enquiries from members of the public.
- Ability to deal with and prioritise a large and varied caseload, and to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a small team
- Ability to manage expectations of constituents in sometimes challenging circumstances
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Good IT skills including using a casework system and MS Office Applications
- Ability to draft letters and emails to the highest professional standard
- Ability to develop knowledge in specialist areas and be willing to undertake training
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Scottish National Party
Applicants for the post should be aware that travel within the constituency and to Westminster will be required for attendance at meetings, training and events.
The successful candidate will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO).
To apply, applicants should submit their CV with a covering letter, no longer than one side of A4, detailing their suitability for the role to Dave.Doogan.firstname.lastname@example.org by 11am on Friday 14th February 2020. Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 17 February.
Please note that it may not be possible to acknowledge all applications depending on the volume received.
Stephen Flynn MP is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated individual to join his new team in Aberdeen South.
Bruce Crawford MSP, Member of the Scottish Parliament for Stirling, and Alyn Smith MP, Member of Parliament for Stirling are seeking a hard-working and enthusiastic Communications Officer to work across both Westminster and Holyrood parliaments.
Peter Grant MP is seeking a senior caseworker/caseworker (maternity cover) to work at his office in Glenrothes.
An opportunity has arisen for a temporary Caseworker to join Colin Beattie MSP in local constituency office in Dalkeith.