Stephanie Callaghan MSP is looking for a part-time Casework Assistant to join her team.
Location: Bellshill constituency office (home working will also be supported)
Hours: Part-time, 14 hours
Salary: Starting at £23,143 (pro-rata, exact salary dependent on experience)
Working for a Member of the Scottish Parliament (MSP)
MSPs are employers in their own right. Under their employment, you will become part of a team supporting them in carrying out their duties. You’ll work in a dynamic and fast paced environment to provide an outstanding service for constituents.
- Supporting with keeping casework up to date and responding to public enquiries
- Keeping cases up to date by tracking, logging and recognising when to escalate issues within team
- Meeting constituents on a wide range of issues, including those of a sensitive nature and escalating accordingly
- Advocating on constituent’s behalf with relevant bodies to resolve matters
- Gathering and distributing valuable data that supports my activities
- Keeping your knowledge of policy areas and local issues up-to-date
- Carrying out research projects
- Obtaining and compiling relevant research documents from external bodies
- Preparing and delivering regular briefings and updates
- Analysing, evaluating and interpreting data and statistics
- Reviewing constituent records and documentation in line with casework GDPR requirements
- Ensuring casework filing systems, both electronic and manual, are kept up-to-date in line with GDPR requirements
- Have excellent organisational skills while being flexible in prioritising workloads during busy times
- Have excellent communications skills, with accurate attention to detail and the ability to work effectively with colleagues
- Be patient and sensitive while remaining objective and open minded
- Be comfortable being in a front facing role explaining regulations such as GDPR to the general public
- Be acutely aware of the responsibility of representing those unable to do so themselves in certain situations
- Have a natural interest in helping people with a curiosity to probe for further information where required
- Have analytical skills with the ability to identify and investigate trends while interpreting data
- Have the creative flair and expertise to produce accurate and influential work
The selection process
For any questions about the role please contact Stephanie.Callaghan.MSP@Parliament.scot
To apply, click “Apply” on the right hand side and attach your CV and supporting statement as one document.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 1 October
Pete Wishart MP is looking to recruit a full-time constituency support officer, to be based in Perth, with some home working.
Peter Grant MP is seeking applications for the position of Senior Communications Officer, working part-time at home and at the constituency office in Glenrothes.
Stephanie Callaghan MSP is looking for a full-time Senior Caseworker to join her team.
The SNP Westminster Group is looking to recruit a full time Press Officer, to be based in London, with some home working