Collette Stevenson MSP is looking for a Casework & Office Manager to join her constituency office team.
Salary: £33,459-£36,977 depending on skills and experience
Hours: 35 hours
Location: East Kilbride
You will become part of a team supporting Collette in carrying out her duties. You’ll work in a dynamic and fast paced environment to provide an outstanding service for constituents.
Acting in a supervisory capacity for the team and oversight of office maintenance.
- Managing office budget in line with Members Expenses Scheme, Allowances Office and People and Culture Office.
- Managing constituency accounts, premises and equipment.
- Managing staff and reviewing their performance.
- Overseeing health and safety and staff wellbeing.
- Acting as a support to me as (Committee Convener, Party Spokesperson or Business Manager).
Managing cases through to completion and ensuring capacity to handle complexity of casework.
- Overseeing, responding to and resolving complex and sensitive enquiries escalated to you.
- Implementing strategic goals and developing campaign priorities.
- Confirming deliverables are met.
- Compiling and maintaining policy resource files to use when advocating constituent cases (e.g DWP PIP assessment criteria).
Attending surgeries, producing reports and monitoring media trends on my behalf.
- Conducting basic research and surveys.
- Investigating patterns of enquiries and producing reports.
- Monitoring local and regional media and generating media coverage
- Briefing me and drafting responses.
Supporting with keeping casework up to date and responding to public enquiries.
- Keeping cases up to date by tracking, logging and recognising when toescalate issues within team.
- Meeting constituents on a wide range of issues, including those of a sensitive nature and escalating accordingly.
- Advocating on constituent’s behalf with relevant bodies to resolve matters.
Reviewing constituent records and documentation in line with casework GDPR requirements.
- Ensuring casework filing systems, both electronic and manual, are kept up-to-date in line with GDPR requirements.
- Have excellent organisational skills while being flexible in prioritising workloads during busy times.
- Have excellent communications skills, with accurate attention to detail and the ability to work effectively with colleagues.
- Be patient and sensitive while remaining objective and open minded.
- Be comfortable being in a front facing role explaining regulations such as GDPR to the general public.
- Be acutely aware of the responsibility of representing those unable to do so themselves in certain situations.
- Have a natural interest in helping people with a curiosity to probe for further information where required.
- Have experience of managing staff with the ability to nurture and build effective teams.
- Be confident in managing budgets for staff resources and office provisions
On the Scottish Parliament’s website, click on “send CV” and upload your CV and supporting statement as one document. When you’ve clicked “send CV” use the text box to provide wording for the cover email.
Your CV should be no more than two sides of A4. Your supporting statement should outline how you meet the requirements detailed above for this role and should be no longer than one side of A4. Applications that do not include a supporting statement may not be considered
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 30 September
Douglas Chapman MP for Dunfermline and West Fife has a vacancy for a full-time Communications & Media Officer in his Constituency Office
Douglas Chapman MP, Member of Parliament for the constituency of Dunfermline & West Fife is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and hardworking caseworker to join his constituency office team.
Tommy Sheppard is seeking a new Caseworker/Senior Caseworker to advise and assist individual constituents.
Carol Monaghan MP is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated individual to join her team in Glasgow North West.