Anne McLaughlin MP is looking for an enthusiastic & motivated individual to join her Glasgow North East constituency team. This is a really exciting opportunity to be part of a small and dedicated office supporting Anne’s work on behalf of the constituents of Glasgow North East.
Working for: Anne McLaughlin MP, Glasgow North East
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Salary: Real Living Wage
Hours: 40 hours
Arrangements: Some evening/weekend work may be required.
This is a brilliant opportunity to be at the heart of Anne McLaughlin MP’s constituency office. An Administrative Assistant is often the first person constituent’s will speak to when they need help or advice, so you will be the bridge between the MP, the casework team and the researchers. It’s a really exciting role if you are looking to make a positive difference.
The role offers hands on experience in engaging with the public and you will find the Glasgow North East office is a fast-paced, supportive environment to work in. Anne is particularly keen to hear from people who know the local area and who are looking specifically for an administrative role.
- Opening, handling and actioning phone calls, post and emails.
- Welcoming constituents at the office door.
- Logging cases and assisting in the monitoring of casework progress.
- Providing general office administration tasks for both Anne and the team.
- Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public and at MP surgeries.
- Helping, assisting and organising constituency-based events.
- Any other reasonable tasks as assigned.
- Good local knowledge of Glasgow North East.
- Experience in dealing with the public.
- A confident, friendly and most of all reassuring manner when working with constituents who contact the office.
- Good IT skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook email systems.
- General office Administration skills and previous office experience will be beneficial.
Benefits of the role:
Impactful Work: Contribute to meaningful work and events that will really have a positive impact on the lives of constituents in Glasgow North East and beyond.
Teamwork: Join a small, dynamic and supportive team.
Professional Development: Gain valuable experience and knowledge of how an MP’s office operates.
How to Apply:
Please send a one-page cover letter and your CV to: email@example.com, using the subject “Administrative Assistant Application”.
If you have any questions about the job or the application process, please do get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace and would encourage individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Closing Date: 1pm on Thursday 30th November 2023.
Interview Date: Monday 4th December and Friday 8th December 2023.
Dave Doogan MP is recruiting a communications officer.
Owen Thompson MP is recruiting a caseworker to join his busy constituency team.
Alasdair Allan MSP is recruiting a researcher.
Jenny Gilruth MSP is looking for a Caseworker to join her busy constituency team.