Job Title: Administration Officer
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Margaret Ferrier MP is seeking an enthusiastic Administrative Officer to join her busy constituency office. The successful applicant will be expected to carry out the following duties as part of the office team:
- Managing the diary, in conjunction with the Office Manager/Senior Parliamentary Assistant.
- Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence.
- Opening and dispatching mail.
- Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries.
- Keeping the office supplied and liaising with external suppliers when required.
- Processing claims under the MP’s expenses scheme.
- Being one of the first points of contact for the office – responding to enquiries by telephone and email and directing them to the appropriate team members.
- Booking venues for surgeries and events hosted by the MP.
The position is full-time and will be based in Ms Ferrier’s constituency office, with occasional travel within the constituency.
The role would suit an experienced administrator who is sympathetic to the aims and values of the Scottish National Party. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following essential skills:
- strong organisational/administrative skills with good attention to detail.
- good general IT skills and competence with Microsoft Office packages
- excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- ability to work independently and within a small team.
- a good knowledge of current Scottish politics at all levels.
- good understanding of current data protection laws and the ability to work in a confidential manner at all times.
The following skills/experience is desirable:
- experience of processing/managing expense claims.
- knowledge of local constituency issues.
- previous experience working in a politician’s office.
Please send in a CV (no more than 2 sides of A4) and a covering letter (1 side of A4) to email@example.com, demonstrating how you meet the skills and competencies outlined above. Please note that applicants for previously advertised roles in the office need not apply.
Applications close at 9am on Monday 16th March, with interviews expected to be held in Cambuslang on Thursday 26th March.
The successful applicant would be expected to start as soon as possible.