Natalie Don MSP is looking for a full-time Admin, Communications and Research Assistant to join their team. While the role is available on a full-time basis, Natalie would welcome and encourage applicants seeking a part-time or flexible working opportunity.
Working for a Member of the Scottish Parliament (MSP)
MSPs are employers in their own right. Under their employment, you will become part of a team supporting them in carrying out their duties. You’ll work in a dynamic and fast paced environment to provide an outstanding service for constituents.
Natalie Don, MSP, is inviting applications for the key role of Admin, Communications and Research Assistant. The role holder will work across Natalie’s parliamentary and constituency offices to provide support in a range of activities that are essential to Natalie’s parliamentary work and the support that she provides to her constituents.
Applicants should submit an up to date CV together with a covering letter setting out how they meet the requirements for the role, set out in this advert.
Natalie would be particularly keen to hear from applicants who have previous experience of using social media in a professional setting and/or experience of using publishing software to produce newsletters, website and social media content, etc.
- Carrying out general office administration and acting as front of office for enquiries
- Responding to all incoming correspondence while professionally managing each enquiry within agreed timescales
- Coordinating, tracking and monitoring the handling of enquiries and ensuring they are dealt with timely and professionally
- Drafting written correspondence such as letters, requests for information and parliamentary questions and motions
- Gathering and distributing valuable data that supports my activities
- Keeping your knowledge of policy areas and local issues up-to-date
- Carrying out research projects
- Obtaining and compiling relevant research documents from external bodies
- Preparing and delivering regular briefings and updates
- Analysing, evaluating and interpreting data and statistics
- Maintaining office records and compliance with data protection
- Maintaining filing system and managing records
- Ensuring compliance with data protection legislation and GDPR requirements
- Ensuring administrative and secretarial support is provided
- Identifying potential media opportunities
- Identifying forthcoming events, in turn promoting my work
- Developing creative new engagement methods for social media accounts
- Representing me in dealing with media and providing statements where appropriate
- Producing materials that effectively convey my aims to the general public and media
- Keeping up to date with current media developments
- Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders
- Corresponding with constituents and local campaign groups
- Have excellent written, verbal and IT skills with accurate attention to detail
- Be confident using Microsoft Word, Publisher and systems such as Canva
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach, being able to use good judgement and work on own initiative
- Be well organised with the ability to prioritise competing workloads
- Have analytical skills with the ability to identify and investigate trends while interpreting data
- Be a proactive problem solver with the motivation and resilience to adapt and deal with challenges
- Have the ability to foster good working relationships with confidence to understand how the media world operates
- Have flexibility using relevant IT skills and writing styles, covering both traditional and newer forms of media
- Have knowledge in using social media platforms, video and graphic editing to promote the Member’s work
The Selection Process
For any questions about the role please contact Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, click on “send CV” and upload your CV and supporting statement as one document. When you’ve clicked “send CV” use the text box to provide wording for the covering email.
Closing date: 5pm, Monday 2 August
Kirsten Oswald MP is looking to employ a caseworker based in her East Renfrewshire constituency office, though home working is currently encouraged.
The SNP Westminster Group is looking to recruit a full time Press Officer, to be based in London, with some home working
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Leadership Office of the Scottish National Party’s Westminster Group in the House of Commons.
Amy Callaghan MP and Marie McNair MSP are looking for a full-time Communications Officer to join their team with immediate effect.