Gillian Martin MSP is looking to recruit a parliamentary and communications assistant to cover a period of maternity leave, based in the Scottish Parliament.
The post will be for an initial fixed period of 6 months, with the possibility of extension for a further period. The post will be for 35 hours a week. Some evening work may be required depending on the needs of the Member and their workload.
Key responsibilities will include:
- General office administration
- Drafting high quality press releases, quotations and articles for the Member
- Developing and delivering stories to local press and media outlets
- Building professional working relationships with local journalists, editors, and media organisations
- Monitoring local and regional media, and preparing reports on coverage
- Carrying out research into local, regional, national and international issues as required
- Responding effectively, courteously and independently to routine correspondence and enquiries from the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
- Advising the Member on media appearances
- Managing Social Media
- Updating website content
- Occasional research for speech writing
- Experience in working with the press
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Trustworthy, with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to build and develop relationships
- A flexible approach to working, with the ability to work as part of a small team and on own initiative
- A good knowledge of the Scottish political system
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Existing contacts within local press industry
- An interest in and knowledge of the local constituency areas
- Video editing experience
- Experience in an office based environment
Salary: £23,000-£25,500 depending on experience
Apply: By CV and covering letter to Gwyneth.firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated Closing Date: 12th August 2022 at 5pm
Stephen Flynn MP is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated individual to join his team in Aberdeen South.
Graeme Dey MSP is looking for a Constituency Assistant to join his team for a fixed-term period of 12 months.
Anne McLaughlin is currently recruiting for a case worker who will also act as a support officer in the constituency.
Amy Callaghan MP is seeking to employ a Parliamentary Assistant based in Westminster.