Successful applicant will be responsible for managing a small team in a drop-in constituency office in Cardonald. Knowledge of local and national government structures and policy is essential; experience in a management position is essential.
Collective responsibilities of the constituency office team include the following:
- Handling enquiries from constituents;
- Processing casework effectively and efficiently by investigating and responding to issues raised through correspondence, telephone calls, emails and surgeries;
- Tracking the responses to constituents and ensuring all enquiries are answered within the agreed timescale;
- Maintaining an electronic filing system in an office that attempts to be paperless, where possible. Associating previous papers with current correspondence and extracting document on request;
- Maintaining the casework tracking system and ensuring it’s up to date;
- Typing of correspondence and reports as required;
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding of the constituency of Glasgow Pollok, assisting the MSP in establishing and maintaining relationships with local statutory and third sector organisations;
- Ensuring the MSP is well briefed on constituency matters, drafting responses and briefing notes where appropriate;
- Monitoring local and regional media, and generating media coverage as directed;
- Attending meetings and events as and when required;
- Attending surgeries when required to assist the Member in dealing with constituent issues;
- Monitoring the MSP’s inbox and social media traffic for incoming constituent enquiries.
As Constituency Office Manager, additional responsibilities include:
- Oversight of the work of Caseworkers and offering guidance and/or support, where required;
- Monitoring the MSP’s inbox, responding to general enquiries and delegating incoming casework enquiries;
- Managing the MSP’s busy schedule by arranging meetings and keeping track of them in his diary;
- Managing office budget and processing payments for office costs;
- Oversight of production and distribution of an annual report;
This position is to cover 12-month career break of Office Manager. Position is full time 9am-5pm, although some flexibility to working hours is required due to occasional evening and weekend engagements. Occasional travel to Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh may be required.
Start date: ~20th May 2019
To apply for this job please send your CV alongside a covering note of no more than 400 words on why you feel you would be suited to the role.
We will endeavour to respond to all those who apply, however, due to the high number of likely applicants, this may not be possible.
Douglas is recruiting a Communications Officer, based primarily in his busy constituency office in Rosyth, with occasional visits to Westminster when required. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and capable individual to join Douglas’s team and support his work as the Member of Parliament for Dunfermline and West Fife. Salary:…
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and capable individual to join Chris Law MP in his Westminster office, working full-time.
The John Wheatley internship David Linden MP is seeking an enthusiastic intern to join his staff for the annual John Wheatley internship. This three-month summer internship is ideal for someone who is passionate about Glasgow’s East End. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dedicated office team in Shettleston as well…
Senior Communications Officer – Patrick Grady MP Patrick is recruiting for a Senior Communications Officer to work in his constituency office in Glasgow and assist his team in dealing with constituent enquiries. Key responsibilities include researching and drafting responses to political campaigns, producing press releases, managing my social media output and updating constituents on my…