Part Time: 3 days a week
Salary: £28,000 pro rata
The SNP Westminster Group is looking to employ a part time Executive Assistant to be based in the Palace of Westminster.
Based in the Leadership Office, the Executive Assistant will be operating in a fast-paced environment at the heart of SNP Westminster Group. The successful candidate will play an important role in maintaining the smooth running of the work of the third largest party in the House of Commons.
The employee will support the Leadership team with diary, correspondence and events and will also assist with group administration, including financial administration.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent organisational, administrative and communications skills and possess the ability and desire to learn quickly.
The organisational capacity to process large volumes of information and requests quickly and accurately is essential.
Political awareness and judgement and knowledge of the SNP’s aims and objectives would be strongly advantageous.
- Scheduling a complex and rapidly changing diary of events
- Carrying out group administration tasks and financial administration
- Managing email inbox and post, including monitoring progress of responses and organising, tracking and prioritising a large volume of email traffic and invitations
- Liaising with stakeholders and responding to invitations
- Drafting correspondence
- Drafting simple event briefings and organising events
- Acting as a point of contact for the MPs and their staff
- Fielding telephone and email enquiries from MPs, staff, external organisations and members of the public
- Acting as a first point of contact for guests
- General administrative tasks such as printing briefing documents, formatting letters, booking rooms, maintaining contact lists, maintaining records of correspondence and ordering and maintaining stationary.
Application Details: Applicants should send a tailored CV with cover letter, explaining their suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 28th August. Applicants should put “Executive Assistant” in the title of the email. Late applications will not be accepted.
Closing date: Monday 28th August
Interviews: Thursday 7th and Friday 8th September