Stephen Gethins MP is looking to employ a full-time Constituency Support Manager based in his constituency office in Cupar. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly capable individual to join Stephen’s constituency team to support his work as the Member of Parliament for North East Fife.
The successful candidate must have excellent administrative and organisational skills, be able to demonstrate previous experience of dealing with casework and/or handling enquires from members of the public, and the ability to prioritise their workload.
Position: Constituency Support Manager
Hours: Full-time (Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work)
Salary: In accordance with IPSA Pay Scales £23,938 - £35,465 commensurate with experience. You will also benefit from a 10% employer's pension contribution.
Main duties include:
- Providing extensive administrative support to MP and constituency office
- Diary management
- Accounts in accordance with IPSA procedures and involvement in managing office budget
- Office maintenance including utilities, ordering stationery and consumables
- Taking initial action on queries from members of the public, including responding on behalf of the MP as appropriate
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as required
- Logging all enquiries; monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken
- Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries
- Gathering relevant information and interacting with Government departments and other agencies to assist with constituent enquiries and resolving cases
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Any other duties required by the MP
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and efficient time management
- Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Familiarity with relevant IT software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, following instruction
- An interest in current affairs and a good knowledge of local and national politics
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working directly with the public
- Experience of working within government or other organisations which deals with matters relating to government policy
- Ability to interpret information gathered and provided from a variety of sources to provide clear and concise advice / responses
- Knowledge and understanding of both Reserved and Devolved policy areas
- Knowledge of North East Fife constituency
Applicants for the post should be aware that travel within the constituency and to Westminster may be required for attendance at meetings, training and events.
The successful candidate will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members' Staff Verification Office (MSVO).
To apply, applicants should submit their CV with a covering letter detailing their suitability for the role to the Head of Office email@example.com by 12 noon on Friday, January 26, 2018. Interviews will be held shortly thereafter.
Please note that whilst we would aim to acknowledge all applications, this may not be possible depending on the volume received.