Chris Law MP (Dundee West), is looking for a part time caseworker in his busy constituency office in Lochee, Dundee.
Working three days a week your duties will be to manage constituency casework and correspondence.
The work involves helping constituents with issues which are reserved to the UK Government such as benefits and social security, immigration, employment and consumer rights, amongst others. This will involve liaising with government departments, local organisations and businesses to try to resolve these issues.
An interest in both national and local politics is desirable and a grasp of current affairs is essential. You will be encouraged to use your own initiative as well as to work as part of a team.
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Draft responses to constituents
- Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
Salary will be commensurate on experience and calculated on a pro rata basis in accordance with IPSA Pay Scales (19,641 – 27,876). You will also benefit from a 10% employer’s pension contribution.
The successful candidate will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members' Staff Verification Office (MSVO).
Applications in the form of a C.V. with a covering letter describing your skills and experience in relation to the requirements of the job should be sent via email to email@example.com
Telephone 01382 848906 for any enquiries.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 14th March. Interviews will be held shortly thereafter.