Caseworker to Alison Thewliss MP
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly capable individual to join Alison Thewliss’ constituency team to support her work as the newly elected Member of Parliament for Glasgow Central.
- Respond to daily correspondence and enquiries from constituents;
- Draft responses to constituents, governmental departments and external agencies;
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases;
- Develop knowledge on key casework issues pertaining to the Glasgow Central constituency, such as immigration, housing, benefits, education and health.
- Log all cases: monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken;
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act;
- Attend surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the MP.
Location: Glasgow Central Constituency Office
Salary: £25,000 p.a.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
How to apply: Please send a CV and covering letter to David Linden, Office Manager, via email at david [dot] linden [at] parliament [dot] uk. The subject title of the email should be “Application for the vacancy of Caseworker”. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 17th July. Interviews are likely to take place in Glasgow on Friday 24th July.