Bruce Crawford MSP is seeking a hard-working and enthusiastic caseworker to join his team.
- To provide effective support with all constituency casework
- Deal with constituent enquiries on the phone, via e-mail and face to face
- Track casework in Case Management system to ensure responses are received and cases chased accordingly
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Liaise with government agencies, local authorities, community groups and other third party organisations
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the Stirling constituency
- Attend surgeries/meetings with the member as required
- Assist with various office duties as directed
- Exemplary time management
- Ability to produce accurate output in a busy work environment and prioritise accordingly
- The capacity to work well independently as well as within a team
- Knowledge of the Scottish Parliament and devolved issues
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the Stirling constituency
- Knowledge of important local issues
- Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Competent use of IT, in particular MS Office, and the ability to adapt quickly to new software
This is a fixed term, part time position based in the constituency office in Stirling until the end of May 2017. There will be occasional travel through to the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh if required.
Salary: £8,080 per annum for 14 hours (based on £20,200 full time equivalent, 35 hours per week), in line with agreed pay ranges.
Hours of work: 14 hours per week, Monday & Tuesday 10.00am – 5.00pm.
To apply for this job please send your CV alongside a covering letter of no more than 400 words on why you feel you would be suited to the role.
Successful applicants will be invited for an interview which will take place on Monday 31 October.